Our school participation in the Economics Olympiad
The Economics Olympiad is an international competition of economics knowledge addressed to high school students in Greece and abroad and hopes to contribute to the further development of students’ competences and knowledge in economics.
The Economics Olympiad is held every year in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia, while this year it is held for the first time in Greece, Hungary, the United Kingdom and in other countries.
In Greece, the competition is organised for the first time during the school year 2020-2021 by KEFIM-Markos Dragoumis n collaboration with the Czech Institute of Economics Education (INEV), organiser of the International Economics Olympiad. The Economics Olympian is organised with the approval of the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, the support of the General Secretariat of Public Diplomacy and for Greeks Abroad of the Ministry of External Affairs of Greece and the schools of the Greeks Abroad, and the support of the National Bank of Greece.
The Economics Olympiad has the following objectives:
- Boosting high school students’ interest in economic matters.
- Scouting promising future economists and encouraging them in their future studies.
- Connecting the participants with prominent economists in the academic and entrepreneurial field.
- Creating a network of high school students and teachers interested in economics education.
School round: It is organised on a school level by the teacher in charge, with the support of the Economics Olympiad’s team.
Regional round: It is organised by KEFIM-Markos Dragoumis in collaboration with the local authorities and the partners of Economics Olympiad in each region.
Finals: It is organised by KEFIM-Markos Dragoumis. This year’s finals will be held in Athens.
International finals: The five participants with the best performances pass to the finals of the International Economics Olympiad that will be held in the beginning of the following school year in one of the countries participating in the competition.
Our school was represented by six (06) students in the School Round of the Economics Olympiad that was held online on Wednesday 10 February 2021:
- Dionysopoulos Aristeidis (C’ class)
- Zachos Christos (Β΄ class)
- Karaoglanis Ignatios (C΄ class)
- Kostaridi Stavroula (Β΄ class)
- Spiggos Iason (Β΄ class)
- Tzelepis Konstantinos-Iakovos (Β΄ class)
Teacher in charge: Svoli Konstantina, Economics teacher
We wish good luck to our team for the following rounds!