Educational Visits for the experiential approach to professional fields of work
- School of Architectural Engineering
Groups of students were informed about the philosophy, curriculum and professional prospects of the School by the Professor of the Department of Architectural Design, Dr. Gyftopoulos Stavros (Alumnus of Evangeliki Model School of Smyrna). Also, with the support of the student and school alumna Ms. Drakoulakou Georgia, they visited the Architectural Design workshops and discussed future plans for architectural constructions.
We are very grateful to the President of First Instance Ms. Rebecca Liberatou-Photopoulou for hosting the students, who had the unique opportunity of experiential involvement with the profession of the judicial officer, to attend the oral procedure of a trial and to talk with the President of the Three-Member Council Managed by Mr. Christoforos Linos, President of First Instance.
- Physiology Laboratory, School of Medicine, University of Athens
The students Athanassios Zevgaridis (B1), Dimitra Theofanous-Drakou (C1) and Athena Kantartzi (A2) visited the Physiology laboratory of the Medical School of the University of Athens for an experiential approach to research procedures.
The laboratory’s research focuses on the activation of the type I and II interferon system in organ-specific and systemic autoimmune diseases, as well as the molecular pathways leading to lymphomagenesis, subclinical atherosclerosis, and the psychopathology associated with Sjogren’s syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
The program includes:
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment and consumables
- Isolation of DNA (and RNA) from whole blood to test for mutations
- Isolation of RNA from whole blood in order to control gene expression
- Laboratory-applied thrombophilia screening
Warm thanks for the organization of the educational program and the support of the students to
- Dr. Cleo P. Mavragani, Rheumatologist and Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the NKUA
- Charalambos Skarlis
- Sylvia Raftopoulou
- Anastasia Chronopoulou
- Panagiotis Lembesis
- The school alumna Fotini-Evangelia Koritou shared her experiences from her participation in the international AFS program for which she has received a scholarship and presented the possibilities of studying in European countries.
- At the same time, the implementation of activities on the eclass continue for the students to explore career fields and develop employability skills:
Learning line for the development of communication skills:
- On Monday November 28, 2022 members from the Hellenic Cancer Prevention Research Group in Greece (CPRGGreece) (www.cprggreece.org, email@example.com)
will visit Evangeliki Model School of Smyrna for the implementation of a series of activities aimed
- To familiarize students with the concept of “Health, Science, Research, Medicine, Knowledge, Social Entrepreneurship”.
- To acquaint students with the daily operation, administration and organization of activities of Non-Profit Organizations.
- At the interface of students with NGO executives and young scientists, so that, through creative discussions, they can get to know aspects of their future and act in favor of them in a more targeted way.
- To practical knowledge acquisition and functional use of information for cancer prevention.
- To the development of students’ health literacy.
- To enable students – for the first time nationwide for students under 18 years of age – to actively participate in their voluntary work.
Argyri Panagiota, Mathematician (M.Sc, M.Ed)
Evangeliki Model High School of Smyrna
PhD Candidate of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens