“Connecting Education with Workplaces”
On November 30, 2022, students of the club “Connecting Education with Workplaces” had the unique opportunity to visit the General Hospital of Athens (G.H.A) “ELPIS”. The program of the educational visit was well organized by Mrs. Oikonomopoulou G., Office of Quality Control, Research & Continuing Education and included:
Tour of the Hospital’s clinics led by Ms. Tsitsika M., Specialist ENT Department, G.H.A. “ELPIS” & Mrs. Mougaraki Ev., extension (specialist) in Internal Pathology, G.H.A. “ELPIS”
- Cardiology Clinic – Tour leader: Mr. P. Apostolopoulos, Cardiology Specialist, G.H.A. “ELPIS”
- Regular Ophthalmological Clinic – Tour leader: Mr. D. Fragos, Physician, Ophthalmology Department, G.H.A. “ELPIS”
- ENT Clinic – Tour leader: Ms. M. Tsitsika, Specialist ENT Department, G.H.A. “ELPIS”
- Radiodiagnostic Department/Ultrasonics-Axial – Tour manager: Mr. Eng. Theodosiou, Scientific Responsible Director of the Radiodiagnostic Department, G.H.A. “ELPIS”
- Pathology Clinic – Guides: Mr. Ev. Mougaraki, extension (specialist) & D. Fertakis, Specialist, Department of Pathology, G.H.A. “ELPIS”
Discussion with Mrs. Theiakou F., Director G.H.A. “ELPIS” and Mr. Fasoulakis M., President of the Scientific Council, G.H.A. “ELPIS”
Demonstration of the use of protective equipment:
We thank Mr. Halvatsiotis P., Chairman of the Board of Directors. G.H.A. “ELPIS”, graduate of Evangeliki Model High School of Smyrna, for the unique experience that the students who aim to follow Health Sciences as a professional career had in the clinics of the G.H.A “ELPIS”.
We also thank the President of the Alumni Association of Evangeliki School, Mr. Tsatsos A., for making the contacts for the organization of the visit.
The accompanying teachers of the visit were Ms. Argyri Panagiota (Mathematician, M.Sc, M.Ed), Head of the “Connection of Education & Work” Group, and Mrs. Vamvakopoulou Sevasti (Biologist, PhD).