The Greek language teacher Ms. Kalypso Lazou-Balta of Evangeliki Model School of Smyrna attended the in-service training seminar entitled «Best Practices – Benchmarking» in Helsinki, Finland, and in Tallinn, Estonia, from 15 until 21 April 2018. The course was offered by «Euneos Corporation». For the application and dissemination of the acquired knowledge, she has realized the following activities:
- By applying the seminar teaching principles, she designed a lesson about the unit «Themes for Discussion» from the «Kinds of Biography» chapter for the lesson of Modern Greek Language in the B’ Class of the High School and she conducted it in a group of B’ class students of the school on 21 May 2018. The lesson was attended by other teachers of our school. The lesson plan, written in the Greek language, follows: Ετεροπαρατήρηση Σχέδιο Διδασκαλίας
- During the final training of Teachers for Europe (T4E) of Athens Secondary Education for the school year 2017-2018, Ms. Kalypso Lazou-Balta, T4E Ambassador of Athens Secondary Education, made a presentation about the seminar content she attended. The presentation was entitled «Best Practices – Benchmarking». Here is the event programme in the Greek language Πρόγραμμα Τελικής Επιμόρφωσης
and her PowerPoint presentation in the Greek language as well Best Practices Benchmarking.
On Monday, 14 May 2018, between 13:15 and 14:15, the team members of the Erasmus+ Action1/KA1, School Education sector, entitled «The European innovation as a training subject for the Greek education staff» for the year 2017 informed their colleagues about the content of the seminars they attended in other European countries.
The project participants, Ms. Argyri Panagiota, Mrs. Arnaouti Eirini, Mr. Tzelepis Alkiviadis, Mr. Chasapis Sotirios and Ms. Lazou-Balta Kalypso trained their colleagues about subjects of educational innovation, acting in this way as multipiers of the acquired knowledge of the semimars they attended.
The speakers’ presentations in the Greek language follow:
ΚΑ1+GBL – ενδοεπιμόρφωση
Ενδοεπιμόρφωση Ευαγγελικής Erasmus+ ΚΑ1
Best Practices Benchmarking
The maths teacher Ms. Panagiota Argyri and the English teacher Mrs. Eirini Arnaouti of Evangeliki Model School of Smyrna attended the in-service training seminar entitled «Game-Based Learning Course about Theory and Practice of Serious Games» in Helsinki, Finland, and in Tallinn, Estonia, from 22 until 28 April 2018. The course was offered by «Euneos Corporation». For the application and dissemination of the acquired knowledge, they have realized the following activities:
- Ms. Panagiota Argyri, by applying the seminar teaching principles, designed a lesson about the use of Triseum Variant Limits digital educational game for the lesson of mathematics in the B’ Class of the High School and she conducted it in a group of B’ class students of the school on 11 May 2018. The lesson was attended by other maths teachers of our school. The lesson plan follows: Teaching Mathematics via Educational Games
- Mrs. Eirini Arnaouti, by applying the seminar teaching principles, designed and implemented, in collaboration with the school Chemistry teacher Mrs. Chrysi Aggelidou, a cross-curricular creative project entitled “Creation of Taboo Board Game about Biochemistry themes in the English Language”, which was realised by a group of the B’ Class of Evangeliki Model High School of Smyrna during April-May 2018. The last lesson, which consisted of the project presentation, was attended by teachers and students of our school on 22 May 2018. The project plan follows in the Greek language: Παιγνιώδης μάθηση - ετεροπαρατήρηση
- Ms. Panagiota Argyri and Mrs. Eirini Arnaouti, in collaboration with teachers from other European countries that participated in this seminar, made a post with a video regarding the importance of their training on the STEM Discovery Week 2018 blog. The post and the video can be visited on the following addresses: http://sdw-blog.eun.org/2018/04/28/training-courses-ka1-for-professional-develpment/ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?ist=PLtA54levDap3DZT8rTksVoYzqXsldHIhu A relevant post was also made on the European Schoolnet facebook account:https://www.facebook.com/european.schoolnet/videos/1636287353133468
- Ms. Panagiota Argyri made posts on the STEM Discovery Week 2018 blog regarding this training seminar before leaving (see here) and after returning and implementing game-based learning in her teaching practice (see here). Furthermore, she also realised a relevant webinar entitled «It’s a game changer!» on Scientix portal (see here).
The maths teachers of the Evangeliki Model School of Smyrna Mr. Sotirios Chasapis and Mr. Alkiviadis Tzelepis attended the in-service training seminar entitled “Peer Coaching and Mentoring” in Marbella, Spain, from 6 until 10 November 2017. The training was realized by “ΕuroKey Community”. For the application and dissemination of the acquired knowledge the following events were organized:
- Both participants included the theoretical part of their training in their presentation that took place during the one-day event entitled “The Problem in Mathematics”, held in Eugenides Foundation on 8 December 2017. More information about the event can be found on the link http://algebrateacherlab.blogspot.gr/2017/12/8-2017.html. The presentation, which was realized in Greek, is the following: Παρουσίαση Ευγενιδείου 2017
- Mr. Alkiviadis Tzelepis, by applying the teaching principles of the training seminar, designed a lesson for the Maths of the B’ High School Class and conducted it in the B’ class of Evangeliki Model School of Smyrna on 8 February 2018. The lesson was attended by maths teachers of our school and other schools of the area. The lesson plan and material, written in the Greek language, are the following: 2. Φ.Ε. Η Αρχή του Ήρωνος και η ανάκλαση του φωτός (διδασκαλία Erasmus+)
- Mr. Sotirios Chasapis, by applying the teaching principles of the training seminar, designed a lesson for the Maths of the B’ High School Class and conducted it in the B’ class of Evangeliki Model School of Smyrna on 25 April 2018. The lesson was attended by maths teachers of our school. The lesson plan and material, written in the Greek language, are the following: Ανακλαστικής Παραβολής εφαρμογές Erasmus+
Moreover, in the following link you can see the video with the step-by-step proof, according to students’ answers to appropriate questions, and the relevant GeoGebra file: https://algebrateacherlab.blogspot.gr/2018/05/blog-post.html